Friday, November 22, 2013

There's Some More Tour

When we announced the tour last month - a year in advance of it starting - I thought the time would mean a few people would make a note in their diary and that would be that. A few people asked why it was being announced that early... and the simple answer is that it's a bit weird to keep it a secret. Once the shows exist, what else are we supposed to do? Keep it all a bit hush hush and lie when someone asks me when I'm next playing live? That would be even odder.

As it happens a couple of venues are close to selling out already and have put in extra shows as a result. There's now a matinee in Salford, where shows will be at 4pm and 8pm on November 23 2014 and an extra show in Stafford a few days after the first. I'll be there on October 30th and then again on November 5th.
We've also added a brand new venue to the tour - the William Aston Hall in Wrexham - I'll be there on October 24th.

I've updated the Live Dates page of my site and on the map below.  

                                   Zoom in, scroll around or see it full screen by clicking on the top right corner-------------------->


Before anyone complains about any gaps on the map, this previous post explains them. Believe me, I find some of it as frustrating as you do.

Oh... while I'm here... you have just seven days left to catch Modern Life Is Goodish on demand: gor.mn/DGMLIGOD

8 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

You are a talented chap and I am sure the tour will be a great success.

Anonymous said...

I am sad that you won't be coming to any venue near me. Will there be a DVD release of one of the shows?

Dave Gorman said...

@Josh Malarky: I doubt it. I wrote this FAQ about the last tour: AFAQATT and while it will be a different show, I imagine the same issues would exist.
Also, where abouts are you that the tour isn't coming near?

Anonymous said...

I see that is a shame. I'm in Falkirk in the Central belt of Scotland by the way.

Dave Gorman said...

@Josh: I wish the tour was going somewhere near there. The FAQ I linked to previously explains why I gig where I do... but this blog post has a bit more detail that pertains to Glasgow in particular.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind paying a £9 booking fee to see you Dave. I can't believe nowhere else in Scotland booked you.

Give us a wee heads up next time you're doing a tour , I can get my community hall for a tenner a night.
lol

Dave Gorman said...

@Josh: you might not mind a booking fee that high - but I would. And the annoying thing is that people assume it's a way for the act to bump up the money.

Anonymous said...

@Dave: I understand, it is a bit greedy on their part, you'd think they'd be able to make a killing on the side anyway, with all of the snacks and stuff that they sell at their inflated prices.

Cheers for taking the time to answer my questions by the way Dave, it's been good to talk to you.