Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just one of those days...

So... yesterday I had the good fortune to interview Michael Stipe. It's for Absolute Radio - it'll go into the show a week tomorrow (March 20). He was absolutely charming and their new album really is great... I love this:



The minute the interview was done I had to dash off to the BBC where we recorded the first episode in the new series of Radio 4's Museum of Curiosity. I'm the new curator. It's an ace job: They book some amazingly interesting guests, John Lloyd presides over things and I sit on the end being a bit of a naughty schoolboy. Lovely. There was a very, very strong panel on show one... with Natalie Haynes, David McCandless and David Crystal all bringing completely different sensibilities to the show. A bit of a 'David' overload but we managed.

1 comment:

Scottish Nature Boy said...

You lucky blighter! I'm looking forward to the new album. Was his head blue? That was a good look...